Chance Helical Wall Anchors
To repair stressed and bowing walls, Helitech utilizes the Chance Helical Anchor System. Engineered for proven dependability and long-term stability, you will have peace of mind knowing your foundation walls are supported.
Helical screw anchors have been used by Chance for decades, providing predictable holding strength in all soil types.
The Chance Helical Anchor System features exclusive anchoring techniques, tools, designs, and sizes that make other foundation methods a thing of the past. The proven reliability and engineered predictability of the system’s performance is positive, economical, hassle-free, and unmatched.
The Helical Wall Anchor System
- Lead Helix
- Anchor Termination
- Wall plate (or C-Channel for blocked foundations)
Steps taken to protect your investment
- The foundation is prepared for anchor installation by drilling 3″ diameter holes at each anchor location on the inside.
- After the Helical anchor is screwed into the active soil, it is then extended through the drilled hole.
- From the inside, a wall plate (or a steel 6″ C-Channel for blocked foundations) is attached to the anchor and secured tight.
- The foundation wall (in most cases) is returned to its original position.
Learn more about Chance Helical Wall Anchors by downloading our free brochure.
Helical Wall Anchors
Helitech installs wall anchors in order to correct a wall that is being pushed inward due to soil expansion. A wall anchor consists of large steel screws, otherwise referred to as helicals connected to a beam. The wall anchor is horizontally drilled into the soil surrounding your affected wall property. The screws or large helicals connected to the beam are drilled to a depth deep enough to reach soil that does not expand due to weather seasonality. When the beam is connected to your inward pushed wall, the wall anchor draws the wall back to its original position while preventing future wall deterioration.
Helical Wall Anchor System Defined
The Chance Helical Wall Anchor System is different from many other wall repair system. It goes beyond simply patching up cracks.
With helical wall anchors, foundation stability and support from both sides of the wall are a result.
The helical wall anchor system is able to shift the bowing or cracked wall of the home back into proper alignment and provides constant support in order to prevent recurring damage. Visually speaking, the helical wall anchor system is able to do this because it is drilled deep within the ground, reaching the inactive soil that will not be affected by erosion, water seepage, or temperature change.
The other end of the anchor, the part opposite the helical screws, is attached to an anchor bolt and steel plate on the inside of your wall. The steel plate holds the anchor in place, thus supporting and repairing the damaged wall. If needed by the design, several of these anchors may be installed along one wall to provide maximum support.
Advantage of AB Chance Helical Piles
- Trust – Over 100 Years of engineering and installation experience
- Quality – ISO 9001 Certified providing a customer-focused performance improvement
- Made in the U.S.A. – Manufactured in the heartland, using mill direct prime steel
- Warranty – CHANCE Brand Helical Piles are backed by the best warranty in the industry
- Service – Over 30 Application Engineers within the CHANCE Alliance Network, in addition to Helitech’s own in-house engineering staff
- Sustainable – CHANCE Helical Piles are made from recycled steel; and can be removed and reused
Building Code Approved
The AB Chance Helical Anchoring System Helitech utilizes for foundation repair is building code approved. Building officials, architects, contractors, specifiers, and designers utilize evaluation reports to proved a basis for using or approving CHANCE Type SS5, SS175, RS3500, RS2875, and SS175/RS350- Combo Helical Foundation Systems in projects.
Benefits to the Alternative of Wall Replacement
Besides being less expensive than a replacement, helical wall anchors offer many benefits, including:
- Permanent Solution: Helical wall anchors eliminate bowing walls permanently. This option is smart. If you were to go through the steps to replace a wall, chances are, soil expansion would eventually create bowing to the new wall in the future.
- Shorter Completion Time: The entire installation takes far less time than a wall replacement, which often calls for excavation of current wall material and a concrete truck on site to pour a wall. Although every circumstance is different, depending on the design, most helical wall anchor installations for a single wall takes less than 3 days.
- Limited Living Disturbance: The entire process can be completed without causing much disturbance to normal household life. Helical wall anchors are installed outside of the home for most of the construction excluding the attachment of the anchor bolt and steel plate, which is inside. The alternative of wall replacement is a highly complex solution that would most often require relocation.
Helitech offers free estimates on your foundation repairs.
Find out more about our pricing and available finance options for foundation repair.